CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Spinach Smoothie Recipe

I know, sounds gross huh. But its not, if you make it right. I got this recipe at Enrichment night. Zayne and I share one every morning. It has a ton of spinach and is so good for you. Especially for all of us who don't get enough green veggies everyday. You can probably get your kids to eat it also, just call it Green Candy, but don't tell them what is in it.


3 Cups vanilla soymilk
Spinach to fill 3/4 blender
3-4 frozen bananas (broken up in chunks)
Cinnamon and nutmeg to taste


I make it in my Bullet blender, so I make about 1/3 of the recipe. What it means by fill blender 3/4 full is, pack the spinach down into the milk until the milk and spinach fill the blender 3/4 full (Yeah, it's several hand fulls). Make sure your bananas are ripe, like when the peel starts to get brown spots. If they aren't really ripe, they aren't sweet enough to cover up the spinach flavor (I made that mistake). Also, don't leave out the cinnamon or nutmeg. If you don't have those spices, go and get them. I left out the nutmeg because I didn't have any, and it tasted very green and spinachy. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Dallas and Abi Makin said...

This smoothie is seriously sooo good!! I made it for Dallas the other day and he really liked it. I love getting this kind of recipes =)

The Ulibarri's said...

Oh I will have to try it soon. Keep posting your recipes that are good for you. I love trying new things. How crazy is that, that you already have a one year old. He is a cutie. I loved that you smashed his hand in the cake. I hope to hear from you soon. I also hope you are doing well. How is work and being a full time mommy treating you. You must be busy busy.

Jen Demaris said...

yum! sounds good I will try it! except our bullet broke and theres no walmart around to buy a new one! what am I going to do?

Dramatic Imaging said...

What the heck? Where are you pictures?!!!!! I am so excited to see them!